Probably the most scrumptious home made Greek Salad Dressing made with easy pantry components that tastes excellent over salads, veggies, used as a marinade, pasta salads and extra!
I really like making home made dressings and this Greek salad dressing is really one which by no means fails me! Easy to throw collectively and made with components in all probability already sitting in your pantry, it is the right dressing to throw on salads, drizzle over veggies or you may even use it to marinate rooster, fish or shrimp! No must buy store-bought salad dressing when it is actually this simple to make your individual.
Greek salads are one among my favorites to make through the week so having this dressing readily available in my fridge is all the time a should. Greek salad dressings are sometimes made utilizing a combination of olive oil, crimson wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and oreganohowever I additionally added in some recent lemon juice and basil to actually brighten up these flavors.
Components You will Want
This simple Greek salad dressing requires just some easy components that you just in all probability have already got at house in your pantry or fridge! This is what you will want:
- Olive oil – I like to make use of an excellent olive oil that does not need to be costly, simply ensure it is cold-pressed and natural for probably the most taste (for my part)
- Crimson wine vinegar – this provides a pleasant tangy taste that goes excellent with the olive oil and lemon juice
- Lemon – I simply love the brilliant, recent taste lemon juice brings to this dressing. Be at liberty so as to add a bit of little bit of the zest too for much more lemon taste!
- Dijon mustard – this provides a bit of zip and helps to emulsify the dressing
- Garlic – I like to make use of recent garlic in my salad dressings, however a 1/4 teaspoon of dried minced garlic or garlic powder will work if that is all you may have readily available
- Seasonings – a mixture of dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper
The best way to Make Greek Salad Dressing
Making home made dressings and vinaigrettes are actually SO dang simple and takes lower than 5 minutes! Merely whisk collectively (or shake!) all of the components in a bowl or jar…and that is it! Then simply retailer the dressing in a sealed hermetic container within the fridge till you might be prepared to make use of. This dressing will last as long as 5 days within the fridge, however undoubtedly tastes greatest as recent as attainable. I additionally wish to make my dressing a couple of hours forward of time earlier than serving in order that these flavors can actually marinate!
I personally wish to retailer my dressings in mason jars as a result of they’ve a pleasant tight seal, they’re simple to take on-the-go, and you’ll simply add all of your components and provides the jar an excellent shake!
Methods to Use This Dressing
- Dressing for salads or wraps
- Drizzle over tomatoes, cucumbers and different veggies
- Marinate rooster, shrimp or fish
- Brush over these Greek rooster kabobs
- Add it to quinoa or different grain bowls
- Toss with chickpeas
Extra Dressings You will Love
Hope you all take pleasure in my favourite Greek Salad Dressing and for those who love this recipe as a lot as we do, please go away me a five-star score under and remember to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I really like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Complete Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp crimson wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp recent lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk collectively all components till clean and creamy. Serve instantly or retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till able to serve.
*This dressing will final within the fridge for as much as 5 days in a sealed hermetic container.
- Serving Dimension: 2 Tbsp
- Energy: 132
- Sugars: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Fibers: 0.3 g
- Proteins: 0.2 g
* Please observe that each one vitamin data are simply estimates. Values will fluctuate amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.